[jwt-dev] JWT build with Dash Athena builder status

Hi all,

I could spend some time last week working on the use of Dash Athena builder for JWT. As you may know, this builder is aimed to be the "standard" builder for Eclipse projects, handling all steps to produce a delivery conforming to Eclipse requirements. This is the future!

I could get it successfully building JWT Master zip, and JWT update-site, with pack200, p2 and signing. It is a quite powerful build since you don't have to maintain custom tasks nor an Eclipse base to build: you can simply define your requirements to build and the Eclipse build base is created at each build. For example, instead of maintaining an Eclipse for JWT, there is only to specify in build.properties:

eclipse.SDK.url=file:/home/mistria/eclipse-SDK-3.5-linux-gtk.tar.gz
eclipse.SDK.file=eclipse-SDK-3.5-linux-gtk.tar.gz
dependencyURLs=
repositoryURLs=http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/
featureIDsToInstall=org.eclipse.emf+org.eclipse.gef+org.eclipse.m2m.atl

And, instead of maintaining custom Ant targets, you simply have to maintain this list:
build.steps=buildUpdate,buildTests,generateDigests,test,publish,cleanup

Nice, isn't it ?

I'm still struggling with tests, but we are not so far. Moreover, Athena is not yet fully mature, so that it is not ready to handle Orbit jars for instance. Then, things are going ahead, but neither Athena builder nor the associated JWT conf are mature enough to switch to it now.

I'll try to stay in touch with those topics and keep an eye on it, and tell you of my progress on it. If someone else wants to work on it, I'd be glad to help!

Regards,
Mickael

Back to the top