Re: [jwt-dev] JWT-Workflow Administration and Monitoring (WAM)

Hi Jing

First I'm happy to know you're using JWT Workflow Editor. Here at JWT we're very interested in how our users put JWT to good use, so don't hesitate to give us insights in your needs !

Alas, besides a monitoring plugin prototype (see below), the Workflow Audit and Monitoring feature set has not been developed yet, though we still want to do it and hopefully will have the resources to do so in the next two years. In the runtime area, we're focusing for now on a part that will actually be required by the WAM : designing and providing generic APIs for process engines to implement, so they can get generic features that WE provides at design time. These APIs include WorkflowService (allows to start a process, list tasks by users and execute them), the Task Engine Framework (allows to code workflow tasks that can be used in WE-designed workflow and will work with whatever engine it is integrated with) and its Service calling and Event emitting subparts.

All this will be hopefully released by the end of April in JWT, and implementations on OW2 Bonita, Frascati and other projects in the upcoming OW2 Scarbo.

The monitoring plugin prototype simply allows to see the state of a workflow engine in eclipse (start processes and the step they are in), is documented at http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Monitoring and works on top of (a now obsolete version of) the WorkflowService. If this still interests you, we could try to help you by providing an udpated version next month.

More precisely, what parts of the WAM features are you interested in ?

Note that engine editors provide administration features. For example, the OW2 Nova Bonita ( http://wiki.bonita.objectweb.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome ) workflow engine has a web based administration console which allows you to deploy and manage processes. And the Yaproc ( http://www.upversion.com/ ) workflow solution, built on top of the JaWE editor and the Shark workflow engine, provides database-based workflow monitoring.

Regards,
Marc

Jing Peng a écrit :
Hello,

I'm a student in the Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard in France. I'm using your JWT-WE for my stady and research, and I find that the part of WAM will be more useful for our research, so could you please give me some more information than that in this page http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/components/wam/index.php ? I really want this plugin with the fonction of administration and monitoring of workflow. Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Jing