AW: AW: [jwt-dev] Project Tree Organisation

Hi there,

I just wanted to clean up the CVS and have seen that some things have
already been done:
-releng now consists of builder, jwt-feature, jwt-tests-feature,
jwt-tests-plugin and tester
-/we/ now does not contain jwt-we-feature or jwt-we-update-site anymore

However, there still exist the jwt-we-sample-* in org.eclipse.jwt/we/. Since
all of those are in /jwt-we-plugins/, too, I guess I can remove them from
/we?

>>Marc said: Basically, I like the idea of having for an xxx plugin that is
somewhere, possible xxx-example and xxx-test project or plugins in the same
location.

Hmm, I'm not so sure. I agree with xxx-test, but having xxx-example in the
same location as the feature or extension point itself, will probably make
it very unstructured. I prefer having xxx and xxx-test in the same
directory, but have a single entry point for all examples (such as
jwt-we-plugins for jwt-we).

I agree that we should have something like examples in the menu, too. This
might be example processes, but also sample plugins showing the
functionality of an extension point. This requirement should probably go
into a new bug?

>>Marc said: I approve of aspects going in an aspects/ or conf/ directory
(or component), that would make things clearer, moreover aspects could be
used independently from we - save from jwt-we-conf.we, which is we-specific
and should stay in we.

What about the path of this directory? org.eclipse.jwt/we/conf/ had been my
first thought, but on the other side this is about the metamodel and not
specific to the workflow editor, so when we take the metamodel out of the
jwt-we plugin, then we'll need a place for that, too, and /we/conf/ is
closely related to that!?

One idea would be to have:

org.eclipse.jwt/metamodel
org.eclipse.jwt/metamodel/conf
org.eclipse.jwt/we
org.eclipse.jwt/we/jwt-conf
org.eclipse.jwt/we/jwt-* (all existing jwt-we things)

This would ease the usage of the metamodel alone without the workflow editor
and have one package where the metamodel extensions are (metamodel/conf) and
one where the workflow editor specific extensions of aspects are
(we/jwt-conf). What do you think about this structure? Would this also fit
the needs of other vendors? Bull, JBoss?

I like the idea of having a full installable build of Eclipse and JWT
plugins such as spagic or topcased, because I agree that in the future it
will be quite difficult for users to select specific plugins. But the
problem is who will host such a site? OpenWide, JBoss, Bull?
On the other side the features that we build should include all necessary
plugins so that the users are not confused too much when getting the plugins
from the update-site (which probably many users still will do!).

Best regards,

Florian