[jwt-dev] Project Tree Organisation

Hi all,

I'm thinking on how to improve the JWT project tree organisation, and I suggest that JWT feature should be part of releng. CVS would look like that: NB: names of folders are not real name, I changed them by laziness, I do not suggest anything about naming, only tree structure

/releng
  / builder (current releng)
  / tester (testing utils and ant scrips)
  / feature (defines the set of plugins to be included in the release)
/ test feature (the test feature is necessary to have test run automatically at each build, it includes all test plugins related to the plugins that are in the feature, only useful for automated testing, not intended to be published) / jwt-master-test-plugin (the test plugin defines a test suite that runs all tests, it is the entry point for the automated testing framework)
/we
  / jwt-we
  / jwt-we-test
  / jwt-plugins
     / jwt-plugin-1
     / jwt-plugin-1-test
     / jwt-plugin-2
     / jwt-plugin-2-test
     / ...
  / jwt-aspects
    / jwt-conf-model
    / ...
/ wam
/ transformation
  / jwt-transformation-base
  / jwt-transformation-base-test
  / jwt-transformation-xpdl
  / jwt-transformation-xpdl-test
  / ...

I think that this organization would better separate development, testing and release engineering part of JWT, and also encourage testing and facilitate release engineering.

What do you think about that?
Mickael

Back to the top