AW: AW: AW: AW: [jwt-dev] About the JWT Model

Hi Marc, Hi all,

some great thoughts, alterations to the core metamodel are definitly steps
which should be carefully planned because of the vast impacts they tend to
have and aspects will help to 1. Keep the original metamodel clean of very
specific extensions and 2. allow very powerful additions to the core model.

Since I'm currently concerned with the redesign of the view system, my
requirements in this matter are at this point limited to restructuring the
information in the metamodel that is view-related. I'm hoping this won't
have too many sideeffects, since the visual information isn't used in
transformations anyway.

In the future, we're also going to need a new update mechanism until the
core model is definitely stable since the incompatible parts of the
workflows have to be updated each time a new version is released. I'm also
thinking whether we could provide an easy mechanism to plug in small
transformations (e.g. in ATL) which are executed each time a workflow is
opened or saved (maybe also for aspects, since aspect providers will
probably also release new versions of their definitions).

Regards,
Chris