Re: [jwt-dev] Questions concerning Aspects

HI Florian

cachedNoMissingProfile :
the answer is in AspectManagerImpl . It is a purely internal, technical property that tells the aspect engine that all profile and aspects defined have been found in the installed configuration, and that they can be directly retrieved from the loaded, cached version of the installed configuration rather than performing additional computing to know which one are available or not. In short, it helps caching in a lazy manner. It should therefore not be visible in the UI.

AspectInstance :
we-metamodel should be reverted to its old, HEAD self. There is still obsolete aspect related code in jwt-we and wemetamodel (ex. the ConfModel instance below the jwt root Model) to allow me to migrate easily my sample workflows.

Doc and wiki description :
thanks for offering help ! all there is for now is written as comments in the bugzilla, and the concepts are documented on the (somehow obsolete) wiki page, but indeed such doc should be made, which I haven't done because I'm still working on the refactoring that will allow easy integration in the HEAD. But I'll get back to you about this, no doubt, if only because I need other people to give feedback on its use ;) For now, you can just open a sample (in jwt-we/samples/mmext or jwt-we-sample-xxxaspect/sample), put its external (not embedded, which is obsolete !) ConfModel in embeddedConf, change its aspects and look at how "new child" menus change.

My try on how to create an aspect v2 :
* start from a vanilla (workflow) model . NB. this would also work for any kind of EMF model. * right click and select ExternalActions > ManageProfiles, which opens the ManageProfiles dialog * Since there is no conf yet, the dialog is empty and only permits to activate profiles by clicking on a button
  * click on this button, which creates a related, empty conf file

Then :
either 1. (regular user)
  * ensure the conf file is not in embeddedConf mode,
* then using the ManageProfiles dialog, select which profiles you want to activate for your (workflow) model
  * then design your (workflow) model and enrich them with aspects
* ex. creating aspects on nodes using right click on node > new child > xxxaspect * or merely creating new nodes which have automatically created aspects registered on it * or using aspect-enriched views (like the "dynamic" Property PropertySheet)...

or 2. (developer)
  * put the conf file in embeddedConf mode,
  * then start designing and testing new aspects in it
* and when they are ok, export it using the ManageProfile dialog to a standalone conf file, * which you'll register in a plugin or put in the autodiscovery "conf" directory
  * and from there go to 1.

However getting 0.5 out would also be a step in the right direction (see other mail).

Regards,
Marc

Florian Lautenbacher a écrit :
Hi Marc,
I had a look at the branch including the Aspects part and got a few questions about it: - In ConfModel there are several properties: one of them (useEmbeddedConf) is of type EBooleanObject, another one (cachedNoMissingProfile) of type EBoolean. Why this difference?
- What is the meaning of cachedNoMissingProfile?
- AspectInstance is now defined in the conf-model as well as in the we-metamodel itself, but it seems they are different classes. Is this on purpose or did you just not yet remove the AspectInstances from the we-metamodel? (probably this needs still to be done as described in #241567?) - Do you have a description what to do in which steps when creating a new Aspect (something like a mini-tutorial?)? First, create the conf-file, then create the .ecore, link them in a plugin, etc.? If so, I could test it and assist you in writing an overall tutorial with screenshots, etc. - Is the description about Aspects on http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Metamodel still actual or are there mostly old thoughts ?(probably the requirements won't have changed ;-) Best regards and have a nice weekend, Florian