Re: AW: [jwt-dev] Re: STP IM and JWT metamodel

Hi Adrian

Happy that you find it useful ! And I'm a fan of wikis so...

I fully agree with you that this freedom is important. We should even be able to accept already developed transformations that match the samples transformation criterion. However that should not prevent us to promote sharing among transformation developers. NB. Here Stephane from Obeo has started using ATL.

Regards
Marc

Adrian Mos wrote:

Hi Marc, all,

Thanks for the excellent summary and suggestions and I'm happy to see that we are advancing the discussion about the interactions between JWT and STP-IM. I think that your ideas regarding the methodology and tests are very useful and we on the STP-IM side will also try to formalise these aspects so as to encourage adoption and extensions. Regarding the transformations, we have so far not adopted a single transformation mechanism and we think that within the purpose of STP- IM we should have the freedom to choose between JET, ATL and others. This freedom is I think important right now as not all transformation targets rely on an established metamodel (I'm thinking at something like JBI deployment artefacts for which it's more straightforward to just use JET). This can of course change in the future if in STP we'll see the development of EMF metamodels for all targets/sources of transformations. In any case this only means that if you guys use ATL, we can certainly use it for transformations between JWT and STP-IM.

I have copied the STP mailing list on this email just to raise awareness of the ongoing discussions taking part and to remind everyone that following Oisin's suggestion there will be a wiki page for this subject (this will be done soon as I'm still on holidays now :) ).

Best regards,
Adrian.