[jubula-dev] Contribution: Generate Random Numbers

Hi,

reposted from the forum http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/724746/:
I have done a little effort to implement it in the core. It's available
at git://github.com/NEOatNHNG/jubula.core.git

But somehow it doesn't really work. This could also be caused by a
broken build setup on my side. I tried to test it with the HTML toolkit
which I normally use but the AUT (firefox 3.5) doesn't even start when I
use the Eclipse for Testers upated with the packages from my local
own-built site. Maybe the HTML adapter is not provided via the
repository (shouldn't there be a org.eclipse.jubula.rc.html)?

When I use the Simple Adder swing example application the AUT does start
but I can't collect technical names in object mapping mode (the green
box doesn't show on hoover). This could be a incompatibility because I'm
on Linux but the object mapping does work if I use the Jubula Standalone
package from the web site as it is.

Next thing I tried was a test case with only the random number
generation execution step in it in order to work around the broken
object mapping mode, but then I only get the result "Step failed" of
type "Action Error" but I don't know how to get further information to
debug the problem.

I would really like to contribute but I'm struggling a bit here.

</repost>

Achim wrote that the HTML RC code could not be distributed via
eclipse.org because it's not EPL compliant. Why is that? Is there a
paticular library used that isn't compatible with the EPL?
As far as I understand the main work is done by selenium which is
published under the Apache license which should be compatible.

Have a nice day,
Michael Tänzer