From: Scott Marlow <scott.marlow@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:09 PM
Subject: [thorntail] Re: ThornTail v4 NoSQL integration ideas...
To: Thorntail <thorntail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 9:38:15 AM UTC-4, Werner Keil wrote:
I know there's Hibernate OGM, but for a vendor neutral approach that aims to join the Jakarta EE platform as soon as that has been fully established, what about Eclipse JNoSQL?

OGM is definitely on the list! :)

I also think it will be great to have a common call level interface approach for NoSQL applications and agree, we should also integrate with JNoSQL (as well as native NoSQL APIs).

Other than providing some samples of using JNoSQL with ThornTail V4, do you have additional JNoSQL integration ideas to share?  For example, are there additional CDI integration classes, to work with JNoSQL, that should come with ThornTail?  What should the additional CDI integration classes do, that isn't already done by the CDI integration classes in JNoSQL?

Perhaps we could also leverage a platform level interface, for hooking into connection management and other internal aspects of the NoSQL native clients or of the JNoSQL layering, for things that we might want to show up in a management console.

Scott

Werner