Maybe I was not clear enough.
Indeed, TinkerPop is not a standard this job is ours!
Currently, it supports almost twenty graph database and what I have in my mind is take it as a reference to create the API. That why we need to talk more and invite a TinkerPop committer to this project/JSR they will useful to this project.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 10:37 AM, Werner Keil werner.keil@xxxxxxx wrote:
Otavio/all,

Thanks for the overview and work on the initial release.
I saw most of the key repositories other than e.g. demos also got a version tag, great.

I am more than happy to help especially in areas like the JSR proposal (I am both Spec Lead and active EG Member in roughly half a dozen JSRs so far, in some I also helped the Spec Leads with these activities)
or Eclipse transformation since I have a working Eclipse committer account and am associated with the project so I can push or merge into Eclipse repositories once they are moved.

>Just to remember the Graph database already has a standard, the Apache TinkerPop project
Looking at TinkerPop I would not really call it a "standard". At most https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.03843 makes the impression "Gremlin" is the result of an academic thesis or paper written at a University. So there is underlying work in the academic sector like say Doug Lea or Michael Ernst do in areas closer to the JDK. Or the Spec Leads of JSRs 321 or 331 also both working at University institutes or "academic spin-offs" (let's not forget, SUN was named after Stanford UNiversity, so it also started there;-)

It does not seem there are RFCs or standards by ECMA, W3C, Oasis or other organizations behind TinkerPop, so it is an Open Source project implementing academic work. Similar to what e.g. Andrew Kennedy did with Units of Measure support in programming languages. Now he works for Microsoft for their F# language or similar projects. I was at least in touch with him over JSR 275 and 363, but he was not directly involved. Still a lot of what we did in 363 is inspired a lot by his works and papers.

So with TinkerPop or the papers and academic effort behind it, this could be similar for a possible JSR or JSRs, but those papers themselves are not standards Diana or other parts of the JNoSQL project would implement.
Please correct me and point us to a formal standard where those exist behind it.

Regards,
Werner

Gesendet: Freitag, 17. März 2017 um 13:35 Uhr
Von: "Ivan Junckes Filho" <ivanjunckes@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "jnosql developer discussions" <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [jnosql-dev] 0.0.2 Roadmap
Hello Otavio, count on me to contribute on these initiatives.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Guys, based on the previous email we released the version 0.0.1

The next three months we have a lot of work to do:

Documentation:
  • Reviews and improves the documentation
  • Writes posts and blogs about the version 0.0.1
  • Creates the Artemis and Diana wiki at Eclipse wiki
  • Gets community feedback

JSR

  • Writes a JSR proposal

TinkerPop

  • Invite more TinkerPop committer to the Project
  • Just to remember the Graph database already has a standard, the Apache TinkerPop project the Diana just gonna be an adapter layer to this project and then get the most stable code to became a JSR.

Code

  • Fixes bugs from version 0.0.1

Eclipse Foundation

  • Moves the code to Eclipse Foundation
  • Fixes the code Header

Bonus

  • More database integration such as CouchDB

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana