Re: [jgit-dev] Updating jetty, java and moving from javax.servlet to jakarta.servlet

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 10:26 PM Ivan Frade <ifrade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

 Overall it sounds good. I am only worried about the javax to jakarta servlet change. I don't know the current plumbing well nor how complicated it is to move to the new API. Could we have something like a "pre-7.0" branch to get a first taste of these changes before hitting master?

The difference between servlet 4.0 and 5.0 (released is the change of the package name from javax.servlet to jakarta.servlet.
This was necessary since Oracle didn't allow the Jakarta project to use the javax namespace which is protected by a trademark.

servlet 6.0 (released May 31, 2022):   https://jakarta.ee/specifications/servlet/6.0

I propose we prepare these changes on the existing "next" branch.

-Matthias

 Thanks!

Ivan