Re: [jgit-dev] Internal API's or not: can you publicly export org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository?

On 27 May 2013 10:01, André Dietisheim <adietish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
we heavily use egit/jgit in our OpenShift tooling. We have our own set of tests and in these we use org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository to check our commit- and push-facilites work right.
Unfortunately org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository is marked as internal and using it is therefore not safe/recommended. Can you please export this class publicly or point us to a public replacement?

For creating 'org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository's that happen to be instances of FileRepository, you can use the public FileRepositoryBuilder:

If all you need to do with the repo is assert that commit/push operations are working correctly, I should think you'd be able to do that with just the methods of org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository (to get the updated state of refs etc).

If you're explicitly asserting things about packfiles, etc, then you will need to use the internal ObjectDirectory, PackFile interfaces. This post by Shawn made me feel better about having to do that:

best regards,
Roberto

Back to the top