Re: [jgit-dev] More problems

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 07:40, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/6/20 Zivkov, Sasa <sasa.zivkov@xxxxxxx>
>>
>> Looks like mysql sequences (used to generate primary keys) were reset.
>> Somebody having mysql access would have to check all the sequences and the
>> existing key values generated out of these sequences and update the
>> sequences
>> accordingly (to the greatest key value + 1).

Correct, and done. MySQL has a feature where the auto_increment
columns reset to 0 on server restart if the table is empty. Gerrit
keeps these tables empty, as it only uses them to generate a new
number. So MySQL restarts are really ugly because we have to manually
fix these tables to bump their counters.

> Shawn, could you advise how to fix this, the recipe you gave in [1] doesn't
> seem to
> fit for Gerrit 2.2 anymore. I can't issue the insert statements you gave
> there
> as the sequences don't seem to exist anymore. I found that the tables
>
> change_id, account_id
>
> are empty, we suspect they are replacing the sequences used earlier.
> [1] http://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss/browse_thread/thread/6016dea3d0baf1c1/

Whoops. That message had a "_seq" suffix on the table names. The right
names are just change_id, account_id, etc.

> Also the git daemon on egit.eclipse.org didn't start after Denis restarted
> the server which was hit by network problems [2]. I started xinetd to fix
> this.
> [2] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg06277.html

Yea, xinetd doesn't come back up after a system restart. I haven't
tried to figure out why.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top