Re: [jgit-dev] FileTreeIterator and EOLs

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Marc Strapetz
<marc.strapetz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the FileTreeIterator should optionally perform EOL
> canonicalization to \n (for text files). This option would be set by the
> caller if core.autocrlf = true. We have already re-implemented
> FileTreeIterator this way. Should I submit this patch?

Are you talking about the computation of the ObjectId for the current entry?

We haven't put much thought into how to handle CRLF conversion yet.  I
think its the right idea to perform CRLF conversion before computing
the ObjectId for an entry.  Or running the clean filter if configured
for the file type.  So it probably makes sense to do it here.  But not
in the FileTreeIterator, it should be higher up in the
WorkingTreeIterator.

Unfortunately that is only the code path related to cleaning a dirty
index entry.  Adding a file to the repository also needs to do the
CRLF conversion.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top