Re: [jetty-users] Timeouts

Hi Simone,

Nov 20, 2023, 18:03 by sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 3:07 PM Matthias Pfau via jetty-users
> <jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> You have to explain your use case in more detail, because it depends
> on the HTTP protocol version, and also depends whether you use
> Servlets or not (as they have specific requirements as to keep
> connections open).
>
> Also, it's not clear what you mean by "no data is transmitted".
>
> Transmitted by what? The client application? The server application?
>
> What is "data"? Request content or response content?
>
> What version of Jetty?
>
> Lastly, "HttpConnector" is not a Jetty class.

Sorry for being too unspecific!
We are using HTTP/2 with custom handler implementations. All requests are handled asynchronously (Request#startAsync). We are currently setting ServerConnector.idleTimeout to 20 seconds.

If the client does not send any tcp messages to the server, we want to keep the tcp connection open for five minutes in order to prevent handshaking if the client issues a new request after 1 minute or so.

If the request of a client stalls (e.g. only partial body has been sent) and no more body data is delivered to the server for 20s, we want to cancel that request.

We are using Jetty 11 but intend to switch to 12.

Best,
Matthias

Back to the top