Re: [jetty-users] Timeouts

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 3:07 PM Matthias Pfau via jetty-users
<jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
> we want to set two different server side timeouts. We wan't TCP connections to timeout after 5 minutes whereas we want http requests to timeout after 20 seconds if no data is transmitted.
>
> We are currently setting HttpConnector.setIdleTimeout and this closes the socket/connection. Is there another timeout we can configure to abort http requests if no data is transmitted?

You have to explain your use case in more detail, because it depends
on the HTTP protocol version, and also depends whether you use
Servlets or not (as they have specific requirements as to keep
connections open).

Also, it's not clear what you mean by "no data is transmitted".

Transmitted by what? The client application? The server application?

What is "data"? Request content or response content?

What version of Jetty?

Lastly, "HttpConnector" is not a Jetty class.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top