Re: [jetty-users] HttpClient stops occasionally

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 10:26 AM Matthias Pfau via jetty-users
<jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
> we use a single instance of an HttpClient and inject it in various places.
>
> Since a couple days, HttpClient is stopped on our production system after it is in use for a couple hours. This has never happened before and we don't invoke HttpClient#stop from our codebase.
>
> After it was stopped, each attempt to issue a request leads to the following exception
> java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: HttpClient@6b357eb6{STOPPED} is stopped        at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.send(HttpDestination.java:337)      at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.send(HttpDestination.java:304)      at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.send(HttpClient.java:544)
>
> Unfortunately, we can't find any trace of what caused stopping the HttpClient in our logs. Is there a simple way find the stack that lead to the HttpClient#stop invocation?

Use this:
https://eclipse.dev/jetty/documentation/jetty-12/programming-guide/index.html#pg-arch-bean-listener-lifecycle

Add the listener to HttpClient (not Server as in the example), and in
the listener you can create/throw/log an exception so you will have
the stack trace of what code is calling stop().

Let us know if it worked and what was it (may be useful to others).

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top