[jetty-users] HttpClient stops occasionally

Hey,
we use a single instance of an HttpClient and inject it in various places.

Since a couple days, HttpClient is stopped on our production system after it is in use for a couple hours. This has never happened before and we don't invoke HttpClient#stop from our codebase.

After it was stopped, each attempt to issue a request leads to the following exception
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: HttpClient@6b357eb6{STOPPED} is stopped	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.send(HttpDestination.java:337)	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.send(HttpDestination.java:304)	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.send(HttpClient.java:544)

Unfortunately, we can't find any trace of what caused stopping the HttpClient in our logs. Is there a simple way find the stack that lead to the HttpClient#stop invocation?
Best,
Matthias

Back to the top