Re: [jetty-users] embedded welcomefiles+http2-push+gzip-static-content+rest-api configuration

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 6:29 AM James Northrup <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> revising the servletcontextholder changes the result:   https://gist.github.com/jnorthrup/792a43d73178ee38d686035fca3d146d

It NPEs at PushCacheFilter.java:114, which is:

config.getServletContext().setAttribute(config.getFilterName(), this);

A NPE there is not possible, unless "config" is null, or the
ServletContext is null.
In both cases it is a major break of the implementation of the Servlet
specification, which I doubt it's the case (we would have a million
reports by now).

Have you tried to _not_ use coroutines, at least to initialize Jetty?

I would recommend that you start with the simplest possible Jetty
server configuration: a server, one connector, one
ServletContextHandler.
Try that and see if it works. Then start adding things until it breaks.

Since it's Kotlin, try also to write it in pure Java first and then
convert to Kotlin.

--
Simone Bordet
----