Re: [jetty-users] Embedded Jetty and Angular 6: only rewrite URLs that don`t match any servlet or files

Nicolas Therrien et al.,

Thank you for sharing your custom RewriteHandler for use with Angular 6 routing.  I am having trouble using it, however, because I am using XML configuration (non-embedded Jetty).  My problem is I do not know how to access a reference to the WebAppContext in my jetty-rewrite.xml file.  Whereas you have instantiated the WebAppContext and the Html5PushStateConditionalRewriteHandler in a single Java file, and can simply pass the reference, I am seemingly forced to configure these objects in separate Jetty IoC XML files (jetty-web.xml configures the WebAppContext and jett-rewrite.xml configures the Html5PushStateConditionalRewriteHandler).

Do you (or anyone else reading this) know a way I might access a reference to the WebAppContext configured in jetty-web.xml from within jetty-rewrite.xml?  Or perhaps another way to access the “mappedServlet” within the custom RewriteHandler?

I tried adding an id to the WebAppContext in jetty-web.xml and using a Ref tag in jetty-rewrite.xml but the reference comes back null.

jetty-web.xml:

<Configure id="webAppContext" class="org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">

jetty-rewrite.xml:

<Configure id="Server" class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server">

  <Call name="insertHandler">

    <Arg>

      <New class="my.package.Html5PushStateConditionalRewriteHandler">

        <Arg name="webAppContext"><Ref refid="webAppContext"/></Arg>

Thanks,

Peter Currivan

Back to the top