Re: [jetty-users] Why org.eclipse.jetty.util.securit.Password.java main function takes username, but use it as salt?

Answered in more length in the issue, but tl;dr;

If you use the Crypt class directly for other purposes, you are free to provide whatever you like as salt, but using it for Password, the username should be used as the salt.