Re: [jetty-users] Using org.eclipse.jetty.util.ajax.JSON in custom WebSocketListener

Hi,

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Alexander Farber
<alexander.farber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I have 2 questions related to JSON usage please:
>
> 1) I have added jetty-util-ajax Maven-package to
> https://github.com/afarber/jetty-newbie/blob/master/EmbWebsocketListener/pom.xml
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.eclipse.jetty</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jetty-util-ajax</artifactId>
>             <version>9.3.9.v20160517</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> But for some reason still can not use
>
>          import org.eclipse.jetty.util.ajax.JSON;
>
> in Java-files. Is that class for public use or should I better use Gson?

The JSON class is for public use and used, for example, by the CometD
project (https://cometd.org).
It might just be a problem with your IDE or otherwise some other configuration.

> 2) In my custom WebsocketListener implementation at
> https://github.com/afarber/jetty-newbie/blob/master/EmbWebsocketListener/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/demo/listener/MyListener.java
>
> I plan to close connection on all binary messages with
>
>     @Override
>     public void onWebSocketBinary(byte[] arg0, int arg1, int arg2) {
>         mSession.close(1003, null);
>     }
>
> and all text messages should be parsable JSON
> (or I'd like to close connection too).
>
> Is it possible to register such a "policy" at
> my custom WebSocketHandler implementation
> https://github.com/afarber/jetty-newbie/blob/master/EmbWebsocketListener/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/demo/listener/MyHandler.java
> (I think I've seen such an "annotation" tag
> in a servlet-example, but can't find it anymore...)
> or should I enforce this manually in onWebSocketText?

Manually enforcing it's the way to go.

--
Simone Bordet
----