Re: [jetty-users] Can the warning about system properties and JVM args be suppressed?

On 24 March 2016 at 04:10, Shawn Heisey <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I mean no offense when I say this -- the documentation on this option
needs more clarity.  I'm also aware that this is very much a case of the
pot calling the kettle black ... Solr's documentation ALSO needs a lot
of work, and we probably have more things to fix than you.

No offence taken.    So just out of interest, where did you look for documentation for this?  Did you look for general jetty documentation or specific start.jar documentation?   --help? javadoc?  web documentation?

On 24 March 2016 at 06:04, Shawn Heisey <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are 100% correct.
> There's just that little detail of writing the code. :)

If you use --dry-run to discover the xml that are used, you can almost do a mechanical translation of that xml to code.

cheers