Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9 as a Front-end Server

> What little faith you have in Jetty :)
> If we were doing this, we would be really naive... Jetty builds on 15 years of experience and optimizations.

> Jetty's DefaultServlet serves content asynchronously and using direct buffers whenever possible (you can think of this as the Java "sendfile").
> Depending on your needs, you can configure a new DefaultServlet to map to the directory where you have the files you are serving (e.g. if you're creating them dynamically), or even use > for that the out-of-the-box DefaultServlet that is installed behind the scenes by Jetty to serve static files.

I'm not talking about Jetty being efficient or not, I know it is a very efficient server which is why I switched from Tomcat. The feature I need is for Railo to be able to tell Jetty to serve a specific file after it has located it via meta-information from the database. This works perfectly well using Nginx and <cfheader name="X-Accel-Redirect" value="/path/to/the/file" />, is there a similar thing I  can do using Jetty standalone?

The "loading gigabyte files into RAM" thing I was referring to is using the <cffile> tag of Railo to spit out the contents.

Back to the top