[jetty-users] Jetty 9 as a Front-end Server

Hello all,

During my recent conversations on this list and the IRC channel, it was brought to my attention that using Nginx as a reverse proxy to Jetty is merely creating a bottleneck. I’ll gladly switch to using Jetty as the front-end server, as long as it meets the two conditions below:

·        It is capable of handling hundreds, maybe even thousands of requests per second without significant latency (in a production environment).

·        There is functionality equivalent to Apache’s X-SendFile and Nginx’s X-Accel-Redirect headers. We need to be able to output a header from Railo that tells the server to stream out a static file of any size – Loading multi-gigabyte sized files into RAM is not the most efficient way of doing this.

So, can anybody vouch for this? And if so, what do I have to do to get the X-SendFile type functionality?

Back to the top