[jetty-users] How to disable chunked transfer encoding

Hi all.

Recently I moved from embedded jetty version 7.2.2 to 8.1.7

In the previous version, the responses was sent by jetty with Content-Length header. In the new version, all the responses are sent using the chunked transfer encoding. All my responses are single chunk.

The problem is that the client is a bit limited and does not handle the chunked transfer encoding properly.

I would like to ask:

1. was this change done on purpose? Is it a good practice to use chunked transfer encoding for single chunks? what are the advantages?

2. How can I disable the chunked transfer encoding, if needed?

Thanks!

Back to the top