[jetty-users] Trouble with using JSTL with embedded jetty

Hello,
I am developing a Eclipse RCP application which has a local SWT user interface but also exposes some functionality through a web interface, I intend by using an embedded jetty server.

I have got as far as having servlets hosted by using the org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty plugin using the org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.servlets extension point.

I also have managed to get JSPs hosted as well through this system by using the org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.registry.JSPFactory class.

My problems start when trying to use JSTL in my JSPs, simply put I cannot make it work.

I have done quite a few things, found from various sources on the internet, but nothing seems to work. Either there is something I am missing as I am quite new to OSGI and eclipse RCP, or may be there is nothing out there which is a complete set of instructions which will give such a working set up. When I do a search I find examples and such like from some time ago and am just not certain what might have changed or not so do not know whether the examples are still working with Eclipse 4.2.

Rather than repeat what I have tried, you may wish to look at this question I have posted on stackoverflow, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15065092/jstl-with-org-eclipse-equinox-http-jetty-plugin-for-embedding-jetty-in-an-rcp-ap.

I would appreciate it if someone could either explain or point to a set of instructions which are complete (either provide all required knowledge or state what one should already understand) and will guide me through how to get this working.

Also as mentioned in the question on stackoverflow I have seen references to using org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot, but I never got that working. If suitable instructions for that could be provided then that also might be a possible way forward.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael Whapples

Back to the top