Re: [jetty-users] Problem with overlays

> Hello,
>
> To be honest, the overlay is basically working. WAR gets extracted, correct
> template is used, instance is created and my webapp deployed. The problem is
> that some files from overlay/instance/ directory are being copied into working
> dir (/tmp/appname) and some aren't. To be more precise, a prop file placed in
> overlay/instance/template=appname/WEB-INF/classes is copied into app working
> directory (the prop file is also present in WAR). However several directories
> existing in overlay/instance/template=appname/WEB-INF/ (and only there, WAR
> doesn't have them) aren't copied at all. According to description of
> OverlayedAppProvider you can place any static content to overlay webapp content.
> However in my case nothing gets copied.

It appears that overlay do not work the way I was expecting them to work. It seems nothing (besides some wars/jars from WEB-INF) gets copied, but rather made available as resource (a guess from quick glance at relevant code). I guess, that if you reference them by getResource() they will work, but this isn't sufficient for my case. So i guess it's back to ContextProvider (supported by some script hackery) for me.

regards,

Jacek Prucia

Back to the top