[jetty-users] Streaming data TO Jetty?

Hello,

I'd like to be able to push data (more or less a continuous stream) from clients (e.g. using Apache HttpClient library) TO Jetty.
I currently have a system where clients make use of KeepAlives, which is nice, but they still issue an explicit HTTP POST request to Jetty every N seconds.

Is there a way to avoid making explicit HTTP requests like that and would streaming the data (somehow) actually be more scalable than issuing explicit POSTs?
Is this doable and how exactly does one stream data to Jetty?

Thank you,
Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spm