Re: [jetty-users] Troubles getting SPDY to work

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 14:38, Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The dependency on npn-api should be marked as "provided".
>
> I don't think it actually is? I got complaints about some NPN class not
> being found, so I added it manually. Or did I depend on the wrong spdy
> module?

The NPN *API* are needed at compile time, but they are embedded in the
NPN *boot* jar (they need to be).
Since they will be available from the boot jar, you should mark them
as provided so you won't have duplicates.

> 1. Do you start the JVM with the npn-boot jar in boot classpath as
> explained in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/NPN ?
>

> Ah that was the problem. I think that needs some better documentation on the
> SPDY page because :-)

Right, will update.

> This kind of sucks that it needs the -Xbootclasspath actually. Is there no
> way to do this at runtime? Specific JVM options always complicate things.

Unfortunately, no.

> Thanks for this hint, I now see the green SPDY Indicator :-)

Cool !

Simon
--
http://cometd.org