Re: [jetty-users] Troubles getting SPDY to work

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 02:16, Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a server with SPDY support but I'm not having much luck.
>
> I'm using 8.1.2.v20120308
>
> I setup a project at: https://github.com/st3fan/spdy-server

The dependency on npn-api should be marked as "provided".

> In Main.java i setup a HTTP, HTTPS and SPDY connector and put a simple web
> app on it.

Looks ok.

> HTTP and HTTPS work ok. (Chrome complains about my certificate, but that is
> ok) However SPDY gives me a connection timeout in the browser.

1. Do you start the JVM with the npn-boot jar in boot classpath as
explained in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/NPN ?
2. What browser do you use ?

> I also see the following error in the Java console:
>
> WARN:oeji.nio:javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving
> peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?
>
> But that warning happens on both the HTTPS and SPDY request. So maybe that
> has less to do with my problem.

No, it just means the client closed the connection abruptly.
This may indicate a truncation attack, but it is so common that
clients kill the connection without following the SSL spec, that we'll
probably move that log statement to DEBUG instead of WARN.

> Any idea what I am doing wrong here?
>
> The certificate that I use is self-signed. Is that relevant?

Nope, SPDY works with self-signed certs too.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org
http://intalio.com