Re: [jetty-users] problem with security constraint

Hi,

So I've been busy with other stuff and a colleague of mine have been
taken the issue and here is what he found so far.

If there is "securityHandler" enabled the redirect works. So when we
add this in the context configuration it works:

<Get name="securityHandler">
    <Set name="loginService">
      <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.security.HashLoginService">
	    <Set name="name">Test Realm</Set>
	    <Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
default="."/>/etc/realm.properties</Set>
            <!-- To enable reload of realm when properties change,
uncomment the following lines -->
            <!-- changing refreshInterval (in seconds) as desired
                          -->
            <!--
            <Set name="refreshInterval">5</Set>
            <Call name="start"></Call>
            -->
      </New>
    </Set>
    <Set name="checkWelcomeFiles">true</Set>
  </Get>

So my questions are
1. Why do we need a "securityHandler"?
and
2. What is the right configuration when I need only to redirect users
but not to authenticate them?