[jetty-users] Setuid UnsatisfiedLinkError

Hi,
just tried to run Jetty 7.5.4 as non root users, using setuid feature without success.

I installed .deb package, built on hightide version, and:
added -Djava.library.path=lib/ext, etc/jetty-setuid.xml and OPTION=setuid in start.ini
modified etc/jetty-setuid.xml with id="org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server"
copied lib/setuid/* in lib/ext

but I have this error when starting Jetty:
Error: libsetuid.so could not be found
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.mortbay.setuid.SetUID.getpwnam(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/mortbay/setuid/Passwd;

This is the only reference to this error:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1197
but looks really old and fixed

I use Java6 to run Jetty, is it possible that i have to recompile setuid module as in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Port80#Building_the_SetUID_Feature_for_Your_Operating_System ?

Back to the top