Re: [jetty-users] Setuid UnsatisfiedLinkError

Hi,

With the standard tarball distribution of hightide, setuid binaries
(.so and .jar) in
$JETTY_HOME/lib/setuid and the config file for it is in
$JETTY_HOME/etc/jetty-setuid.xml.

You edit your start.ini and do:

* uncomment --exec
* add -Djava.library.path=./lib/setuid
* add an option:
OPTIONS=Server,jsp,jmx,resources,websocket,ext,jta,plus,jdbc,annotations,setuid
* add etc/jetty-setuid.xml as the first configuration file

You edit the etc/jetty-setuid.xml file and change the <username>, <groupname>
as appropriate for your environment.

Start:
  sudo java -jar start.jar

Note that if you don't have the setuid .so and .jar file in
$JETTY_HOME/lib/setuid, then
there is no point in setting the OPTION for it, as the OPTIONs control
what is on the
classpath inside $JETTY_HOME/lib.

Also, it seems you may have changed the start of the jetty-setuid.xml
config file,
but it should be:
  <Configure id="Server" class="org.mortbay.setuid.SetUIDServer">

Hope that gives you some help in setting things up correctly. I will
also update the
documentation page @ eclipse wiki, which looks to be out of date.

cheers
Jan