[jetty-users] Using Jetty IO

Hi Guys,

I have an unusual sort of server that has Jetty embedded in it for making and handling web service calls.

I now have a need for a lower level (TCP/IP) communication connection as well.  If I aded in Netty it seems to me that I'd be duplicating a lot of function already in Jetty IO.  My questions are:

(1) Will it upset Jetty's HTTP functions if I ALSO access the lower level jetty IO functions directly?  (On different ports of course.)

(2) Is there a good minimal example or tutorial somewhere as to how top use Jetty IO? So far all I've found is the Javadoc and that really doesn't tell me how things are supposed to be used...

Thanks

JK

--
It's always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.

Back to the top