Re: [jetty-users] HttpService in embeded Jetty 7.2.2 equinox

When we tried something similar we had some problems with the HttpService servlet conflicting with some other things we exposed in other ways (through manifest headers). What we ended up doing was dropping the OSGi HttpService thing and exposed org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler:s instead as the org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot bundle actually tracks services of that kind.

I'm still not sure it's an entirely safe way of doing things (please let me know if it's totally stupid :), but it seems to work well enough for us. It also allows for a bit more flexible configuration, although it does make Jetty a hard dependency rather than just 'anything that exposes HttpService', which might not be what you want.

Either way, I rambled about it here, in case someone's interested: http://blog.fnord.se/journal/2011/1/26/deploying-a-servlet-in-jetty-7-using-osgi-ds.html .

// Henrik