Re: [jetty-users] Blocked thread in QueuedThreadPool, normal?

It's just idle threads sitting in the QTP thread pool.  If you want fewer, you can control the MaxIdleTimeMs to have them shut down quicker, at the expense of more time needed / slightly slower responses when your load goes up.

-----Original Message-----
From: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Hewitt
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:43 PM
To: JETTY user mailing list
Subject: [jetty-users] Blocked thread in QueuedThreadPool, normal?

Hi all,

I'm doing some profiling on my application, and in the thread list,
there are a number of blocked threads in the QueuedThreadPool, which
have a stack trace of:

qtp1431496612-36 [BLOCKED] CPU time: 0:00
    sun.misc.Unsafe.park(boolean, long)
    java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(Object, long)
    java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(long)
    org.eclipse.jetty.util.BlockingArrayQueue.poll(long, TimeUnit)
    org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run()
    java.lang.Thread.run()

My question is this: is my QTP mis-configured, is my system doing
something it shouldn't, or is this expected behaviour?

It's probably worth mentioning that these blocked threads are
long-term blocked, not for a few seconds, but consistently,
continually, blocked.

Thanks

Martin