[jetty-users] Blocked thread in QueuedThreadPool, normal?

Hi all,

I'm doing some profiling on my application, and in the thread list,
there are a number of blocked threads in the QueuedThreadPool, which
have a stack trace of:

qtp1431496612-36 [BLOCKED] CPU time: 0:00
    sun.misc.Unsafe.park(boolean, long)
    java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(Object, long)
    java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(long)
    org.eclipse.jetty.util.BlockingArrayQueue.poll(long, TimeUnit)
    org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run()
    java.lang.Thread.run()

My question is this: is my QTP mis-configured, is my system doing
something it shouldn't, or is this expected behaviour?

It's probably worth mentioning that these blocked threads are
long-term blocked, not for a few seconds, but consistently,
continually, blocked.

Thanks

Martin

Back to the top