[jetty-users] CXFJettySslSocketConnector and SslSelectChannelEndPoint

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any documentation which describes the
relationship between these two classes.  I am trying to understand how
often SslSelectChannelEndPoint are created.  Are they pooled and
reused, or is a new endpoint created per client request?

The reason for this question is I am observing some strange behaviour
with the ssl connectors (used in CXF) when I try to activate many
endpoints simultaneously.  I see CPU at 90% and it seems as though all
this CPU activity is occuring as part of initialising cipher suites (I
see a heap of activity from the profiler in the prime number creation
in bigInteger)

What is bizarre is that if I activate these endpoints sequentially
first, and then run them up in parallel this does not happen.  I am
hoping this means that the SslSelectChannelEndPoint are reused and so
once they are created this contention is not an issue.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

Regards
Jason

Back to the top