[jetty-users] Idle timeout

With the recent changes in the max idle timeout for the Jetty 7 code, so that it works correctly, I am having issues with an application.  I have an app that is an applet/servlet and once they start talking to each other, they don't expect the connection to drop.  On occasion, I exceed my configured max idle time.  I would prefer not to bump the idle time for the entire server but just configure it for these connections.  If the servlet sends "Connection: keep-alive;timeout=0", should that tell Jetty to not timeout the connections?  The testing I have done indicates that putting the timeout on there doesn't make any difference no matter what the value is so I wanted to see if it should.

Thanks
Tony

may be monitored.

Back to the top