[jetty-users] jetty 7 websocket debug

I'm looking at getting GWT to interface to the Jetty websocket
implementation.

I'd like to know if I can get jetty to generate some debug output for
webSockets.

I've had a sniffer running and I see a websocket request hit jetty, but
then it seems to vanish, I only get the tcp ACK back.  Also I'd like
some details on the correct ws url I should use.  Lets say my servlet is
deployed in a subfolder of webapps called wstest and my servlet is url
filtering for /echotest.  Is the following going to be sufficient?

ws://192.168.1.4:8080/wstest/echotest

I saw some discussion that connections would fail if this is not exactly
matching what jetty is expecting.  From the blog entry I saw the simple
replace http: with ws: example, but in my case this wont work since the
GWT is being served from a page with a big long gwt type url.

Anyway I'm sure if I can get some debug out of jetty I should be able to
get a bit further.  Thanks in advance!
Peter

Back to the top