Re: [jetty-dev] Clarification on synchronous and asynchronous request model for Jetty

Hi,

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Neha Munjal <neha.munjal3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Simone. That clarifies my query.
> Additionally, we have a requirement to do HTTP/2 communication with the
> target end point.
> We are creating a high level Jetty HttpClient that makes use of
> HttpClientTransportOverHTTP2 transport mechanism as follows:
>
> httpClient = new HttpClient(new HttpClientTransportOverHTTP2(http2Client),
>                     sslContextFactory);
>
> We are setting the following 2 properties on the httpClient object:
>
> MaxConnectionsPerDestination : 50
> MaxRequestsQueuedPerDestination: 5000
>
> Would like to clarify that if we use the the above mechanism, would we
> actually maintain a pool of 50 connections and leverage the underlying
> connection pool mechanism.

That is correct with Jetty 9.4.x. Earlier versions did not have a
connection pool for HTTP/2.

> Do we have any logs that we can enable to see that in case of high load of
> requests, we are fully leveraging the connection pool.

There are few that you may be interested in.
Enable DEBUG logging for "org.eclipse.jetty.client", and then retain
only those you need.

--
Simone Bordet
----