[jetty-dev] Error while trying to run jetty from ant

Hi,

I'm experiencing this issue while trying to run jetty from ant:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29809185/error-while-trying-to-run-jetty-from-ant-failed-to-create-task-or-type-jetty-r

On the freenode #jetty IRC, I was told that jetty 8 is End Of Life.  I do not understand why this is preventing the ant target from starting and stopping jetty with <jetty.run ...> and <jetty.stop ...>.  Is it so that jetty-ant simply provides wrappers for jetty 8 and 9 classes, where in my case jetty.run and jetty.stop are missing since I'm using jetty 8 (due to restriction to java 6)?

Regards,
Saad

Back to the top