Re: [jetty-dev] http2/https/spdy modules

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:57 AM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note all,
>
> I've reworked the modules for ssl, https, spdy and http2 in the jetty-http2
> branch.
>
> Now the ssl module creates the ServerConnector and SslContextFactory.
>
> Each of the https,spdy and http2 modules just adds the appropriate
> connection factory to the common ServerConnector, rather than create it's
> own that competes for the same port.
>
> The port is now set with the ssl.port property rather than individual
> protocol port settings.
>
> The result is that the ssl ServerConnector can now serve any combination of
> https, http2, spdy/2 and spdy/3

I have improved over this, and made configurable via properties the
protocols advertised by ALPN/NPN.

So now protonego-[alpn|npn].xml specify 2 properties:

protonego.protocols
protonego.defaultProtocol

In http2.mod these properties are value to:

protonego.protocols=h2-14,http/1.1
protonego.defaultProtocol=http/1.1

while in spdy.mod these properties are value to:

protonego.protocols=spdy/3,http/1.1
protonego.defaultProtocol=http/1.1

In this way, there is no need to copy to a jetty.base
etc/protonego-[alpn|npn].xml to specify the protocols to use, but we
just specify the new properties in start.ini.

However, there is still a small glitch: for websites that expose both
http2 and spdy, those properties are generated twice in start.ini.
I like this better than having to copy etc/protonego-[alpn|npn].xml to
jetty.base.
Can this glitch be worked around ?

--
Simone Bordet