[jetty-dev] Question about SecureRandom reseeding.

Hi Guys,

Thanks everyone for all your hard work on the Jetty project, it really truly is awesome. Im looking forward to seeing the potential performance improvements  in 9.1 in production. With regards to:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-server/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/server/session/AbstractSessionIdManager.java

I notice that when generating session tokens, it seems like having _reseed = 100000L would make the chance to reseed extremely low. I wonder where this number came from? i.e. was it selected to be arbitrarily high so that people can reduce it if need be, or is there some mathematical/cryptographical reason that this value was selected. Is this value deemed appropriate for all general purpose applications, would you adjust it for applications with significant need for security, i.e. banking, etc...

Best regards,
Jacob