Re: [jetty-dev] Custom Web-Protocol Server [Modified Request Methods]

2010/4/29 Venkatesh Nandakumar <venkatesh88@xxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> I had mailed this to jetty-users before. Maybe it was the incorrect mailing list.

just a bunch of ideas:

1) try to explain *deeply and precisely* why you do need something like this;
maybe someone can suggest you another (simpler) solution;
2) try the "reinventing the wheel" mailing list ... dunno the address,
just google for it;
3) ask yourself: "why thousands of thousands of really complicated software
can do what they do using the `standard` HTTP requests and I am not able to
write $PIECE_OF_CODE without changing the HTTP protocol?";
4) submit an rfc ( http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html ); if it's going to be
accepted, just wait for the next major jetty release and it will
probably include
your CUSTOMGET without having to put your hands into the jetty code.
( ... I hope IETF guys will not hate me for such a suggestion ).

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Mattia Merzi.

Back to the top