[jetty-dev] Re: example jetty osgi

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hugues,
>

> I've started an example-jetty-osgi module under jetty-osgi
>
> It's working towards just a simple static setup of a server with
> osgi, using config.ini to install/start all the required bundles.
>
> I've made a few changes to the osgi-boot stuff to make this work:
>
>  + reformatted to jetty standards (sorry can't help myself)
>  + fixed NPE if there is no lib/ext directory
>  + create a default server configuration if there is no etc/jetty.xml
>  + better passing of _server to the XmlConfigurations in case of multiple XML files.
Thanks! I'll be developing on cvs too then.

> It can be started with:
>
>  cd jetty-osgi/example-jetty-osgi/target/osgi-example
>  java -Djetty.home=. -jar osgi-3.5.0.v20090520.jar -console
>
> It would be good to avoid having to set jetty.home and if it is
> not set, have it default to ".".  I see you have some default
> jetty.home code already, but it appears to be PDE related.  Can you
> explain what that logic is and let's see if we can work out a way
> to detect if "." can be used.
>
> I see that you are looking for ContextDeployer and WebappDeployer
> instances.  What do you use these for?    In any case, these are
> being deprecated and replaced by the DeployerManager. So it would
> probably be good to remodel the OSGi stuff as a deployment manager
> provider.
OK, certainly need to catch up on the new deployer.
The idea at the time that this code was developed was to make the
webapp deployment as close as possible to what happens outside of OSGi
and to favor the "default" hightide packaging of jetty.

> anyway, hope you are having a good break... and if you do happen to
> come online, ping me on IRC and we can have a chat about this.
Cheers!
Hugues

> cheers

Back to the top