[jetty-dev] Executable war with the Jetty-console Maven plugin

Jan,

As discusses on IRC in the weekend, I've written up a little blog post
describing my Maven plugin which makes a war file executable:

http://simplericity.com/2009/11/10/1257880778509.html

By executable I mean that it embeds Jetty. The webapp can be started
by running java -jar myapp.war.

I'm hoping people will find it useful. As described in the the blog
post people can write their own plugins if the current ones aren't
enough. (There is already a plugin that lets you configure the
application using jetty.xml files if you prefer that)

Thanks again for making such a great product. The fact that something
like this is possible (and easy) just says a lot about the quality of
Jetty.

Happy hacking,
Eirik.

Back to the top