[jetty-dev] Re: [jetty-user] JAASUserPrincipal loses roles after logoff and login in SSO setup

Henning,

OK, I've checked in a fix to jetty-6 svn trunk that may help you.
Here's the bug report for it:http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1077

Note that this fix was not particular to JAAS.

If you could build and test against jetty head, that would be great.

cheers
Jan

Jan Bartel wrote:
Henning,

A quick reply to let you know we're looking into this.

The SSO realm stuff has kind of atrophied over time and needs
some attention. I don't think the problem you're experiencing is
unique to the JAAS flavoured SSO realm.

Will post again when we've examined and updated the SSO realm.

thanks for the report,
Jan

Henning wrote:
Re-posting due to wrong mailing list. Sorry!

Hope that subject lines captures my observation.

I am using a number of web apps on Jetty 6.1.12 with SSO turned on, so that users only need to login once, which works as expected.

There is also a logout feature, that simply invalidates the current session (of one app) and deletes the SSO cookie. From Jetty's debug logs I can tell that the current user has indeed been logged out (considering UserRealm.logout(...) the effective logout). All other apps recognize the logout.
Everything works as expected up to here.

When logging in again, at the same app I logged out from that one app just works fine.

However, when switching over to any of the other apps, the user is recognized but it lost all its role assignments.

It's as if there was an old principal still in that other apps session (that, I assume, did not get cleared at the logout).

When debugging the role check I see that when entering SSOJAASUserRealm.getRoles(...) from a request to that other app, I see that the subject contains no roles. When debugging a similar request to the first, I see that all roles show up in the subject.

Is there a way to have the SSO logout invalidate all sessions?

Thanks,
  Henning

--
Jan Bartel, Webtide LLC | janb@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.webtide.com