Re: [jetty-dev] jetty debug options

There's legacy, backwards compatibility, and elimination of System properties all conspiring to make this confusing.

Also, there's no more distinction between a JVM system property and a start.jar property.

These 2 command lines are equivalent now ...

$ java -jar start.jar DEBUG=true
$ java -DDEBUG=true -jar start.jar

(Note: you can have "DEBUG=true" in your start.ini as well)

Then we have the distinction between the 2 keys ...

DEBUG is for debugging the start.jar & classpath & configuration.
while org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.DEBUG is for turning on the DEBUG logging severity level for the StdErrLog class.

---
Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx